Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. A complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and possibly a consult with the treating dentist or physician prior to any treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable (X-ray must be within 1 calendar year)
- A photo ID
- A list of medications you are presently taking including over the counter medications and herbal supplements
- If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring your insurance card with you. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT:All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the consultation visit.
Please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves or joints, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Please have nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your surgery.
- You will also need an adult to accompany you to the appointment, remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home and stay with you the remainder of the day.